Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > 2005 S600 MERCEDES TPM reset failure
2005 S600 MERCEDES TPM reset failure

1907 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-15 12:11:02

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-11-15 07:35:50
     Hello guys just wanted to share another Autel fix..I had a client with a 2005 S600 Merc.The customer had the reset tpm display on the cluster but the reset option would not work. I performed a variance coding of the tpm module and this solved the issue. After the coding,the four sensor id numbers were read and you must perform the initial startup through the software...The Merc dealership said he needed a new module but as you guys know they do not fix things they replace parts...The light went off, and now over a month later the car still works fine....no tpm fault lights,but I wanted to share this small fix while using Maxysis. I did explain that I couldn't warrant that the light wouldn't return eventually but the client was happy because it was on for 9 months... and he just didn't want to spend the money to replace the module and several other shops couldn't reset it or at least in his words get the light off...So I am happy if he is happy and a return customer I earned.!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-15 11:04:20 (Reply to:912guy)

That's good new and also good job................!!! but it would have been nice if you would have done a recording of a short video at least members could have learned some thing..................... But any way good job...........

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-11-15 12:11:02 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     I will keep that in mind, but a little difficult when wide open in shop,but when I have some down time and if I perform this again I will def try and make something. I recommend the new owners of the scanner get very very familiar with the unit  because once you do it is really a gem.
  Total1 Pages